Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions for Smoky Mtn. High
The cabin, is located in Black Bear Falls Resort, Gatlinburg, TN.
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 P.M. EST AND CHECK OUT IS 10 A.M. EST. Be aware that if you arrive early, you may have to wait to check in if the property is not ready. Adequate time is required to prepare the cabin for the next guests’ arrival, therefore we must insist on a 10AM check-out. A minimum fee of $100.00 may be charged for late departure (after 10 am). There are no refunds for early departures.
2. This is a NON-SMOKING cabin. There is no odor of smoke in this cabin, so please do not smoke inside the cabin. If the interior of the cabin has the smell of smoke after your visit, you will be charged $250.00 for the usage of an Ozonator to rid the cabin of the smoke odor, so please utilize the porches and outside areas in consideration of our non-smoking guests. Please do not discard smoking material on the grounds.
3. Absolutely no pets of any kind are allowed in the cabin. There will be no exceptions. Violation of this policy will result in the guest vacating the property immediately with no refund. Any evidence of pets will incur extra cleaning fees. Discovery of pet damage after departure will require the guest to pay for any repairs.
4. You must be over 25 years old to rent Smoky Mtn High cabin. We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent. No minors are to be left in the cabin unsupervised.
5. PAYMENT – Reservations made more than thirty (30) days prior to check in will require a Reservation Deposit in the amount of $300. Full payment (lodging payment, taxes and $59 booking fee) must be received at least thirty (30) days prior to your arrival date. Credit card payment with Visa, MasterCard, or Discover is the only acceptable payment method. Reservations made less than thirty (30) days prior to check-in, will require full payment charged to your credit card. Policies and rates are set at the time of booking. You will be charged for the cabin based on the information in your rental agreement and this Terms and Conditions document.
6. INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates include a one-time linen and towel setup to meet the cabin’s maximum capacity, including bath soap, dish soap, laundry soap, paper towels and toilet paper. While linens and bath towels are included in the cabin, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring your own towels for use in the hot tub and pool. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cabin. Guests are expected to launder towels, etc. as needed during their stay. It is not necessary to wash towels or bed linen prior to departure.
All trash is removed at the end of each reservation. Please do not allow outside containers to overflow due to bear and animal problems. Daily trash removal is not provided, however, guests staying 7 or more nights will be provided one interim trash removal with a 24-hour advance request.
Smoky Mtn High provides FREE High Speed Internet and FREE Wireless Internet. Items that are NOT SUPPLIED typically include charcoal, cribs, plastic wrap, foil, condiments, spices or any type of food item. The cabin does not have a landline telephone, guests should plan on using personal cell phones. Smoky Mtn High is located in a cabin community with property amenities including a clubhouse, swimming pool and fishing ponds.
7. RESERVATIONS / RESERVATION DEPOSIT – All reservations require a valid credit card number on file. An on-line booking page is available where your reservation and payment can be completely processes on-line. All reservations will be charged an up-front $300 Reservation Deposit. This deposit will be immediately charged to your credit card upon booking on-line. It confirms your reservation, in your name, of the dates outlined on the Rental Agreement. Once full payment is made, the $300 Reservation Deposit is credited toward the full rental payment. However, in the event of a cancellation, the Reservation Deposit is not refunded. In other words, you will lose this deposit if you cancel your reservation.
8. SECURITY, DAMAGE AND EXTRA CLEANING - You are responsible for any and all damages that occur to the property or it’s contents by you or any other member of your group while you are the registered occupant of the property. In order to avoid charges for security, damage or extra cleaning, the following must occur:
- No damage is done to cabin or its contents and cabin is left in neat condition.
- No items / linens are missing or damaged upon the inventory check.
- Garbage is placed in outside trash containers.
- Dishes are washed and returned to cabinets and cupboards.
- There was no smoking or evidence of smoking inside the cabin.
- NO Early check-in or late check out.
A detail of all extra charges will be mailed to the guest. Any disputed charges are to be submitted in writing.
9. CANCELLATIONS – A thirty (30) day notice is required for cancellations. All cancellations will forfeit the entire $300 Reservation Deposit. All lodging payments are NON-REFUNDABLE within 30 days prior to the arrival date for any reason, including inclement weather. Reservations cancelled less than 30 days prior to the arrival date may be rescheduled one time only. A credit will be issued, good for up to one year from the original arrival date and subject to cabin availability. When rebooking cancelled reservations with credits to a lower cost season, there are no refunds or adjustments. When rebooking to a higher cost season, prevailing rates and conditions will apply for the rebooked dates and they will be applied at the time of rebooking. No refunds or credits will be given for no shows, 2nd cancellation, bad weather, late arrival or early departures.
Storm Policy / Road Conditions – No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Roads are well maintained, however we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions. We strongly recommend guests purchase Travel Insurance if they are concerned about the risk of having to cancel their reservation due to family emergency, health, weather or other conditions.
10. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- This cabin was designed for the quiet enjoyment of our guests and NOT to be used for parties, large gatherings or receptions beyond the sleeping capacity. The maximum number of guests this cabin will accommodate is limited to ten (10) persons. If it has been determined more than the approved number of guests is staying at the cabin, you will be asked to vacate immediately and no refund or security deposit will be returned. No campers or camping on the grounds of the rental cabin community will be allowed.
11. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A THREE (3) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY DURING REGULAR SEASON; AND FIVE (5) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY DURING HOLIDAY SEASON. Holiday season includes Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.
12. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
13. PARKING – Parking is limited to three (3) standard automobiles. Vehicles are to be parked in the paved parking area in front of the cabin. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner. NOTICE TO GUESTS BRINGING TRAILERS OR CAMPERS: Due to the hilly topography and limited parking in the Gatlinburg area, it can be difficult to find parking for trailers or large vehicles. Campers are not allowed unless they are parked at an RV lot, not in the cabin community.
14. MAINTENANCE – As property owners we do everything possible to keep all equipment in good working order. However it is impossible to guarantee that all appliances hot tubs, hot water heaters, fireplaces, etc. will be in working order 100% of the time. We do guarantee to make every effort to correct all deficiencies as soon as possible during normal business hours. Report all maintenance problems to our cleaning company (865) 201-2234 ask for Patricia. If it is after hours, please be certain to leave your phone number and the nature of the problem with the answering service. You should take reasonable action to secure the problem. Management reserves the right to perform exterior and/or interior maintenance during your stay if necessary. In the event maintenance must be performed, we will do our best to do so without inconvenience to you.
Smoky Mtn High is sprayed regularly by a professional pest control company; however, there are times when ladybugs, wasps, other insects sometimes visit our log cabin. In the event of a major infestation, simply call Patricia at (865) 201-2234 who can arrange for a pest control professional to attempt to solve the problem
15. HOT TUB – It is important to note that there are certain health risks that are associated with the use of a hot tub. Use at your own risk. Proper use of hot tub at Smoky Mtn High is at the discretion and sole responsibility of the signer of the rental agreement; herein known as the “Guest”. No children under the age of 12 are permitted in hot tubs at any time. Our housekeepers drain, sanitize, refill and replenish chemicals in all hot tubs prior to your arrival. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. NEVER SIT OR STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVER, it will not support a person’s weight. A minimum $1000.00 charge will result from breaking the hot tub cover. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on and secured with the cable provided so hot tub will stay warm. If at any time the water level in the hot tub is found to be below the skimmer level, it is IMPORTANT to refill the hot tub to approximately 3 inches above the skimmer level.
16. FIREPLACE – The fireplace is not operational from May through September due to conflict with air conditioning system. Smoky Mtn High is equipped with gas logs. No foreign materials are to be burned in gas fireplaces. For your safety, never move the logs in a gas fireplace. Doing so can cause carbon monoxide and heavy black soot.
17. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
18. HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT - Our cabin is privately owned; the owners and Living the Dream Vacations, LLC, are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The cabin owners are not responsible for the loss of personal property left behind, stolen or damaged during your stay. Please check your belongings carefully before leaving. Never leave valuables (cash wallets, jewelry, cameras, etc.) unattended. If you find you have left something behind, call us and we will try to locate the missing item(s). If the item(s) is located, it will be returned to you COD. Items unclaimed more than 14 days will be disposed of or given to charity. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
19. CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION - Upon registering on-line, the registered occupant understands and consents to the use of the credit card provided without original signature on the charge slip and that this Credit Card Authorization cannot be revoked and will not terminate until 30 days after leased premise is vacated. The registered occupant understands by “clicking” that they have read the terms and conditions of this property, they are bound by this agreement and have signed it “electronically”. Charges may include but not be limited to: damages beyond normal wear and tear and excessive cleaning fee.