TERMS AND CONDITIONS
please print for your records
This rental agreement is between you (the "guest or Tenant") and
(Simply Paradise) Linda Mlinarcik:
The Simply Paradise home is located at: 17 Topaz Cove, Destin, Florida 32550
Simply Paradise resides in Emerald Shores, a gated beach access/ownership community. This is not a beach view home. This home is a short walk from the beach. This is a non-smoking home. No pets.
Accidental Rental Damage Insurance
Accidental damage protection is included for any damages or accidents, subject to exclusions and limitations that occur to the premises during your rental period up to $3,000. Any damage or accident that is not covered under the policy will be the responsibility of the leaseholder.
No Security Deposit, but your credit card will be held on-file (See Credit Card Authorization).
A fifty percent (50%) payment is due upon booking. The remaining balance is due sixty (60) days prior to your arrival date. Remaining balances not received within sixty (60) days of arrival will be considered a cancellation. (See Cancellation Policy)
Credit Card Authorization
Guest understands and consents to the use of the credit card provided without original signature on the charge slip, that a photocopy or fax of this agreement will serve as an original, and that this Credit Card Authorization cannot be revoked and will not terminate until 90 days after the Check-out date. Charges may include: unauthorized long distance telephone charges, damages beyond normal wear and tear; missing items, unreturned keys, unreturned parking passes, or neighborhood fines.
Any damage noticed upon arrival should be reported to us immediately. If damage is not reported, your credit card may be charged for the cost of the repair or replacement. There is a two week time limit to be able to claim the damage on the accidental damage inaurance policy on your lease. In lieu of a security deposit, we will keep your credit card on file. You are responsible for any and all damages that occur to the property or its contents by you or any other member of your group, individually or collectively, while you are the registered occupant of the property. The accidental damage insurance policy that was taken out at time of booking will cover the estimated cost of the repairs or to replace missing items. We will provide a statement of the damages and the cost of the repairs after they have been completed. In the event the damage exceeds the 3000 dollars of coverage your credit card will be charged the balance due.
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE CHECK- OUT PROCEDURES AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. The following provisions should be met:
- No damage is done to the home or the contents including linens.
- No items are removed from the home or are missing upon the inventory check. All towels, pillows and linens are to remain in the home.
- All home and neighborhood rules are followed.
- No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
- All garbage, debris, and discards are placed in their proper containers and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned. Home is left in a neat condition.
- Outdoor grill is clean upon departure and ashes disposed of safely.
- All permits and parking passes returned.
- Reservations are not cancelled (see Cancellation Policy below)
- NO PETS. NO SMOKING. OCCUPANCY IS NOT EXCEEDED.
We will NOT rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent. No chaperoned groups. VIOLATION OF THIS PROVISION SUBJECTS TENANT TO SIGNIFICANT PENALTIES WHICH ARE NECESSARY TO PROTECT Linda Mlinarcik, Simply Paradise BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT THIS LEASE IS A SHORT TERM SUMMER VACATION RENTAL.
Cancellations that are made more than (60) days prior to the Check-in date will forfeit a cancellation charge fee of $200. Cancellations received within (60) days of the Check-in date will forfeit the full payment. Cancellations, late arrivals, early departure, or no shows, do not warrant refunds (see Trip Insurance). Guests with an unpaid balance after the full-payment date will automatically forfeit all funds and the lease will no longer be valid or guaranteed for the leased period. Linda Mlinarcik will then have the right to open up the online booking calendar and re-rent the unit. We suggest taking out our optional trip insurance that covers you for cancellations to multiple scenarios and also named tropical storms. Read the entire policy offered and its benefits.
Check-In time is 4:00 pm CST. Occasionally the cleaning staff may need additional time in order to ready the home for your stay. We ask for your patience and suggest you have alternate plans available in the event additional time is needed. Please do not interrupt or delay the cleaning staff if they are at the home. Restrooms are accessible at the pool, at the beach pavilion and at the front office located on the bottom floor of Leeward Keys. Let us know immediately if the unit has not been properly cleaned.
Check-out time is at 10:00 am CST. A $100 per hour fine will be assessed for Guests remaining after 10:00 am CST on the day of Check-out.
The maximum number of persons permitted is limited to TEN(10). No exceptions shall be permitted without prior owner approval and additional fees may apply. (see Falsified Reservations below)
PENALTY FOR VIOLATING MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY PROVISION: VIOLATION OF THE MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY PROVISION CAN RESULT IN SERIOUS HEALTH PROBLEMS DIRECTLY RELATED TO OVERUSE OF THE SEWER. THEREFORE, IN THE EVENT TENANT ALLOWS THE PREMISES TO BE OCCUPIED BY MORE THAN LIMIT, TENANT SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE TO PAY Linda Mlinarcik THE SUM OF ONE HUNDRED ($100.00) DOLLARS PER PERSON IN EXCESS OF THE LIMIT PER DAY FOR EACH DAY THE TENANT ALLOWS THE PREMISES TO BE OCCUPIED BY MORE THAN LIMIT OF PERSONS.
No daily maid service is provided. A one-time set-up of linens, bath towels, garbage liners, dish soap, laundry detergent, paper towels, bath soap and toilet paper is included. Vacuum cleaner, brooms, and dust pans are in the home should you need them during your stay. We do not permit towels or linens to be removed from the home at any time during your stay. Missing towels and/or linens will be charged to your credit card. We suggest bringing your own beach towels.
Trip Insurance [TRIP INSURANCE is available at this website and we recommend you purchase it.]
*************************************************************************************************** Travel Insurance provided by TRAVEL GUARD: Every year, snowstorms, hurricanes and other unexpected weather events cause travelers to delay, interrupt or even cancel their trips completely. A travel insurance plan can help cover your vacation investment. Specific coverage questions should be directed to Travel Guard(1.877.246.5376 or www.travelguard.com/astp). Please refer to product number 008573/008574 P1 & account # 97908. Coverage is offered by Travel Guard Group, Inc., and limitations will apply. Please visit www.travelguard.com/disclaimer for full disclaimer. ***************************************************************************************************
Purchasing travel insurance is a cost effective way to insure the investment in your vacation. We do not purchase travel insurance for our guests, this is your option and responsibility. We highly recommend purchasing a trip insurance policy from a travel insurance carrier should an unforeseen incident occur that requires your trip to be delayed, disrupted or canceled. Many events can disrupt your travel plans, including events that can make the accommodations uninhabitable (fire, flood, wind, etc). These events include, but are not limited to, natural disasters (earthquake, hurricane, tropical storms, etc), travel problems (flight cancellations, etc), and medical/personal issues (illness, death in the family, jury duty, etc). As a result, we have a norefund policy within 60 days of your Check-In date.
Severe Weather: Hurricane Policy and Tropical Storm Policy
We do not offer any refunds for Hurricanes or Tropical Storms. We highly recommend getting Trip Insurance. It is up to the Guest to purchase this coverage for their trip. Coverage is available for health and weather related problems. Please call them direct or order online to purchase this in your name.
All parking must be in the space provided. Maximum parking for this home is 2 cars. Neighborhood parking rules are strictly enforced. Commercial vehicles, boats, trailers, RV’s, jet ski’s, wave runners, skateboards, motorcycles or similar vehicles or equipment are not permitted in the development. If you decide to bring a trailer you will need to contact a storage company to store your trailer or pay $20 a day to the Leeward Key front desk for the reserved spaces in the Leeward Key parking lot Additional parking is available near the pools, tennis courts and in the back of the Leeward key lot close to the Emerald Shores gated entrance (please have parking passes displayed in windshield of all cars)
ABSOLUTELY No pets are permitted in rental unit under any circumstances, NO EXCEPTIONS. If any evidence of a pet(s) is found in this home or on the premises, you will be asked to vacate immediately with no refund of rent and the owner will automatically charge your credit card online $500 for the cost of a DEEP clean.
NO Smoking home
If there is any evidence of smoking inside the home you will be responsible for the cost of a DEEP clean $500.
Published rates are subject to change without notice.
All rates are subject to an 11 % Florida tax.
· Included: Cleaning on departure, one-time setup for garbage bags, paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, laundry soap and hand soap.
· Not Included: No daily maid service. No beach towels.
Other Terms and Conditions
1) Property requires a Seven-Night Minimum Stay.
2) Falsified Reservations - Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of rental money and the party will not be permitted to check-in or the party will be evicted with loss of all funds. Guests will observe all terms and conditions of this lease as to maintaining the premises in good order and appearance and will conduct themselves in a manner inoffensive to neighbors.
3) Guests agree to abide by all neighborhood and homeowners association rules and regulations. SEE NEIGHBORHOOD RULES.
4) Linda Mlinarcik reserves the exclusive right to prohibit and/or cancel reservations providing all payments received are returned to guest within 7 days of notification.
5) Linda Mlinarcik, Owner, Emerald Shores HOA, and the on-site Property Management Company will NOT be liable for lost or stolen items of any kind and Guests will take measures to safeguard all valuables and personal items.
6) All persons using the pool area to do so at their own risk and sole responsibility. CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED BY AN ADULT AT ALL TIMES WHILE IN THE POOL AREA. Linda Mlinarcik & Owners assume no responsibility for any accident or injury in connection with such use. Persons using the pool agree with Linda Mlinarcik & Owners, for and in consideration of the use of the pool, to make no claim against the owners, for or on account of any loss of life, personal injury, or damage to or loss of personal property.
7) Any use of this property other than standard lodging use must be authorized by Linda Mlinarcik (i.e. parties, receptions)
8) Written Exceptions - Any exceptions to the policies contained within this agreement must be approved in writing in advance.
9) Tenant agrees to indemnify and save Linda Mlinarcik harmless from all liability, loss or damage arising from any nuisance or harm made or suffered on the leased premises by the Tenant, or guests of Tenant or from any carelessness, neglect, or improper conduct of any persons entering, occupying or visiting the leased premises.
10) Applicable Law - This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida
EMERALD SHORES NEIGHBORHOOD RULES
ResortQuest manages and maintains the Emerald Shores neighborhood, a residential family-oriented community. Short-term rental stays are a privilege extended by the Emerald Shores community and we ask that you give your temporary neighbors due consideration as you enjoy your stay with us.
As a guest of Emerald Shores, I (and my party) understand and agree to comply with Emerald Shores Neighborhood Rules.
Ø Walking on Dunes is strictly prohibited at all times. A community walkover is provided at the beach pavilion (requires code). All beach rules are to be followed and all beach surf flags are to be observed and strictly obeyed. NO Tents allowed on beach starting 2018
Ø Parking is only allowed in the driveway. Parking is restricted to the number of cars that can park in those areas. Parking in the cul-de-sac, on the roadway or on any grassy area is strictly prohibited. Doing so may result in damage (sprinkler systems, vegetation) for which neighborhood fines may be imposed. Vehicles that are illegally parked are in direct violation of the fire code and violators will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Ø Commercial vehicles, boats, trailers, R.V.’s, jet skis, wave runners, skateboards, motorcycles and all similar vehicles are prohibited.
Ø Pool rules must be followed. Babies are not permitted in the pool at any time without swim diapers. Babies are not permitted in the pool at any time unless accompanied by an adult. Positively no glass containers or bottles are allowed at the pool. No pets are allowed at the pool. There is no Lifeguard on duty.
Ø Do not leave anything hanging on the balconies or in the yard (hammocks, towels, beach toys, rafts, etc.) Use the driveway or porch for beach toys.
Ø Loud music systems and other disruptive noises are not permitted.
Ø Maximum Occupancy for the home is not to be exceeded. Quiet time begins at 10:00pm.
Ø All trash should be placed in plastic trash bags, securely tied and placed in the outdoor trash receptacles provided. Trash pick-up is on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Do not transport the trash containers to the street or the driveway, they will pick-up and return the trash containers to the home.
We know you are on Vacation and we do appreciate your business. We do have to ask that you abide by our Check-Out Procedures so we can prepare the unit for the next arriving guest as they arrive only hours after you leave. If you leave the unit in great shape, the next family can have access to the unit on time. We appreciate your cooperation in following these procedures.
Most of our guests follow all of these rules, but for the few that do not comply, this is notice that a $100.00 fee per incident or per hour, which ever applies, will be charged to your credit card.
1. Check-out time is by 10:00 am CST. Our cleaners arrive at 10:00 am to start cleaning the unit.
2. Place all trash in plastic trash bags in outside receptacle by 9:00am on Saturday.
3. Wash all soiled towels (wash separately by color).
4. Gather all soiled linens and place in the laundry room (sheets and pillow cases only).
5. Do NOT remove comforters, bedspreads or blankets from the rooms, or remove pillow shams from the pillows.
6. Clean all soiled dishes and run dishwasher.
7. COMPLETELY empty the refrigerator.
8. Wipe down kitchen counters and sweep floors.
9. Outdoor furniture is in original position. Outdoor grill is clean and ashes disposed of properly.
10. Close all blinds, windows and doors. Set A/C to 78 Fo on departure.
11. Check the house thoroughly for any personal belongings.
12. Return guest Parking Permits, put on counter.
13. Lock all doors behind you.
Please leave the home neat and orderly to avoid additional charges. If the cleaning crew finds that the home has been left excessively dirty you will be billed for the additional cleaning time at a rate of $100 per hour.
Please leave the house in as good as shape as possible. The cleaner we find it, the faster we can turn it over to the next guest. We really appreciate your help.