This rental agreement is between you, the “Guest”or “Tenant” and Cottages Near the Sea, the rental management company that operates this unit. Reservations are accepted up to one year in advance, however properties are not guaranteed and subject to change.
Cottages Near the Sea
A down payment is due at time of reservation. This is not a refundable deposit. The remaining balance is due sixty (60) days prior to your arrival date and should be made by check. Remaining balances not received sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date will be considered a cancellation. If you booked through VRBO or Homeaway or any third party marketing website, their service fee charge will not appear on your lease. It goes directly to their website and they collect it at the time of booking when you make your initial payment.
Notify us immediately if you notice any damage to the property upon check in. Please submit in writing to email@example.com. $49 or $59 nonrefundable damage deposit insurance is charged at time of reservation. It insures you for either $1500 or $3000 in accidental damage during your stay. Notify us immediately of any damage to avoid additional charges to your credit card. Please see your individual policy for details on coverage. Proper documentation and notice must be provided to Cottages Near the Sea to submit a claim. An active credit card is required to maintain the reservation and the integrity of the unit. By signing this agreement you waive your right to dispute any charges that are made to your credit card regarding this policy.
Please follow these procedures to avoid additional charges or eviction…
~NO SMOKING! You will be charged $500 if there is any evidence of smoking and any other additional expenses or losses incurred from smoking will be charged to you.
~No items to be removed from the home . All towels, pillows and linens are to remain in the home.Your card will be charged for any stained linens not reported.
~All home and neighborhood rules must be followed.
~All city and state laws must be followed.
~Any charges incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay will be charged to guest.
~All garbage, debris, and discards should be placed in their proper containers and soiled dishes should be placed in the dishwasher and cleaned.
~Home is left in a neat condition and all check out procedures followed.
~Outdoor gas grill and/or charcoal-grill is clean upon departure and ashes disposed of safely. Do not put charcoal in gas grill. $50 fee for leaving the grill dirty after use.
~No pets unless approved by management and fee collected.
~Maximum occupancy is not to be exceeded.
We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age. No exceptions. There must be one adult for every four children under age 25 residing at the home.
Notify us immediately if you need to cancel or change a reservation. No refunds will be issued for cancelled reservations We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance from the travel insurance company of your choosing. No refunds will be given due to weather conditions. Purchasing travel insurance is a cost effective way to insure the investment in your vacation. We recommend purchasing a trip insurance policy should an unforeseen incident occur that requires your trip to be delayed, disrupted or canceled.
Check-In and Check Out Time
No early check ins or late check outs. You will be charged half day rent if you arrive prior to check in time. You will be charged half day rent if you have not properly checked out of the property by 10am CST.
Please let us know immediately upon arrival if the unit has not been properly cleaned.
A one-time start up set of garbage liners, small dish soap, one roll paper towels, bath soap, two laundry pods, two dishwasher pods, & two rolls toilet paper per toilet is included. Guests will need to provide their own paper items, toiletries, and cleaning supplies for the duration of their stay. Daily housekeeping is not provided.
We do not permit towels or linens to be removed from the home at any time during your stay. Missing or damaged towels and linens will incur additional fees. Please bring your own beach towels. DO NOT USE BATH TOWELS AS BEACH TOWELS!
No exceptions to maximum occupancy shall be permitted without prior owner approval and additional fees may apply. (see Falsified Reservations below)
PENALTY FOR VIOLATING MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY PROVISION: VIOLATION OF THE MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY PROVISION CAN RESULT IN SERIOUS HEALTH PROBLEMS DIRECTLY RELATED TO OVERUSE OF THE SEWER. THEREFORE, IN THE EVENT TENANT ALLOWS THE PREMISES TO BE OCCUPIED BY MORE THAN LIMIT, TENANT SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE TO PAY Cottages Near the Sea THE SUM OF ONE HUNDRED ($100.00) DOLLARS PER PERSON IN EXCESS OF THE LIMIT PER DAY FOR EACH DAY THE TENANT ALLOWS THE PREMISES TO BE OCCUPIED BY MORE THAN LIMIT OF PERSONS.
Published rates are subject to change without notice. All rates are subject to an 11.5% Florida tax and cleaning/administrative fee.
Other Terms and Conditions
1) Falsified Reservations - Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of rental money and the party will not be permitted to check-in or the party will be evicted with loss of all funds. Guests will observe all terms and conditions of this lease as to maintaining the premises in good order and appearance and will conduct themselves in a manner inoffensive to neighbors.
2) Guests agree to abide by all neighborhood and homeowners association rules and regulations. SEE NEIGHBORHOOD RULES. Guests agree to abide by all city and state laws.
3) Cottages Near the Sea reserves the exclusive right to prohibit and/or cancel reservations providing all payments received are returned to guest within 7 days of notification.
4) Owner and Cottages Near then Sea will not be liable for lost or stolen items of any kind and guests will take measures to safeguard all valuables and personal items.
5) All persons using the pool area to do so at their own risk and sole responsibility. CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED BY AN ADULT AT ALL TIMES WHILE IN THE POOL AREA. Cottages Near the Sea & Owner assumes no responsibility for any accident or injury in connection with such use. Persons using the pool agree with Cottages Near the Sea & Owners, for and in consideration of the use of the pool, to make no claim against the owners, for or on account of any loss of life, personal injury, or damage to or loss of personal property.
6) Any use of this property other than standard lodging use must be authorized by Cottages Near the Sea (I.e. parties, receptions)
7) Written Exceptions - Any exceptions to the policies contained within this agreement must be approved in writing in advance.
8) Tenant agrees to indemnify and save Cottages Near the Sea and Owner harmless from all liability, loss or damage arising from any nuisance or harm made or suffered on the leased premises by the Tenant, or guests of Tenant or from any carelessness, neglect, or improper conduct of any persons entering, occupying or visiting the leased premises.
9) Applicable Law - This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida.
We ask that you abide by our Check-Out Procedures so we can prepare the unit for the next guest as they arrive only hours after you leave. If you leave the unit in great shape, the next family can have access to the unit on time. We appreciate your cooperation in following these procedures.
1. Check-out time is by 10:00 am CST. Our cleaners arrive at 10:00 am to start cleaning the unit.
2. Place ALL trash in plastic trash bags in outside receptacle by 10:00am on check out day.
3. Leave all bedding on the bed and beds unmade.
4. Place all dirty dishes in dishwasher and leave it running.
5. All Indoor & Outdoor Furniture is left in original position.
6. Please let us know if you plan to depart early.
7. Lock all doors and windows behind you.
8. Clean outdoor grill if used. There is a $50 fee for leaving the grill dirty.
Please leave the home neat and orderly and treat the home as you would want a guest to treat your home. Thank you for your courteous and respectful use of the privately owned home.
1. PARKING IS NOT PERMITTED OVERNIGHT ON THE STREET.
2. PARKING ON THE GRASS IS NOT PERMITTED AT ANY TIME.
3. NO VEHICLES OR OTHER CONVEYANCES SHALL PARK ACROSS, OR ENCROACH UPON, THE 4 FOOT WIDE SIDEWALK THAT CROSSES THE DRIVEWAY.
4. NO LOUD NOISE PAST 10:00 PM.
5. NO TOWELS, CLOTHING, OR OTHER ITEMS MAY BE HUNG FROM ANY RAILING OR FURNITURE THAT CAN BE SEEN FROM THE STREET.
6. NO BOATS, RVS, CAMPERS, WAVE RUNNERS, TRAILERS, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES OR VEHICLES WITH ADVERTISING SHALL BE VISIBLE FROM THE STREET.
7. FOLLOW ALL RULES POSTED AT THE POOL.
8. GARBAGE PICK-UP DAYS ARE TUESDAY AND FRIDAY. PLEASE DO NOT PUT GARBAGE OUT BEFORE 6:00 PM ON MONDAY AND THURSDAY.
9. EMPTY GARBAGE CONTAINERS MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE STREET THE SAME DAY AS GARBAGE COLLECTION.
10. GARBAGE CONTAINERS MUST BE STORED IN A LOCATION THAT IS NOT VISIBLE FROM THE STREET.
11. ALL GARBAGE MUST BE PLACED IN PLASTIC BAGS AND PLACED IN THE GARBAGE CONTAINER.
12. ALL PETS SHALL BE ON A LEASH AND ANY “DEPOSITS” SHALL BE PICKED UP AND DISPOSED OF PROPERLY.
Internet and Cable Access
Privacy & terms usage for properties with internet access. Users/guests may not use the internet access contained in or around Cottages Near the Sea for malicious or unethical activity; including assessment of other people over the internet or that violate federal, provincial, or copyright laws. This act in conjunction with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Any and all misuse that is reported will be dealt with swiftly. The guest that is listed on the reservation is ultimately responsible for the guest’s/family member’s actions during the duration of their stay. Properties have internet and cable access through the individual service providers. We do not, however, guarantee internet connectivity due to service being provided by an outside vendor, restrictions from personal computers, and several other factors that may lead to interruption of internet service. In the event the internet service is inoperable, we will do our best to troubleshoot over the phone but if it requires further assistance, the guest will be responsible for contacting the internet provider. No refunds will be given due to loss of internet service.
During your stay, promptly report any maintenance problems to Cottages Near the Sea at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not leave doors or windows open while the A/C or heaters are operating. If the A/C is frozen during your stay, you will be charged for the misuse of the system (this typically happens when guest do not close window and doors, while leaving the A/C running). Cottages Near the Sea staff may enter the property to respond to any maintenance and/or housekeeping issues during your stay. No refund or rate adjustment will be made for unforeseen failures such as the supply of electricity, water, pool filtration systems, air conditioning, telephone, television or cable service, appliances, etc.
Most vacation properties are controlled by a Home Owner Association. Any fines imposed for hoa violations will be charged to the guest.
Florida Statute 125.01 prohibits excessive noise at any time. Quiet time for all properties is 10:00 P.M. until 7:00 A.M., in conjunction with county ordinances. Please be considerate of your neighbors. Radios, stereos, and all other musical or entertainment devices will be played in compliance with the decibel level. The decibel levels cannot exceed fifty (50) decibels between the hours of 10:00 P.M. and 7:00 A.M. outdoors. Music played inside may not be heard outside of the property with the doors and windows closed. At 10:00 P.M., all guests not staying at the property need to depart from the premises.
Owner’s Closet/Owners Furnishings
Properties have interior locked closets or garages that are off limits to guests. All properties are privately owned and Cottages Near the Sea can not be held liable for errors, omissions, or change of furnishings.
Pet Friendly Properties
While outside, pets must be on a leash at all times. A person with a pet must collect and properly dispose of all fecal matter. Any reservation made under false pretenses will be subject to forfeiture of any/all payments of rent and deposits, and the party will not be permitted to check in. If the party has already checked in, they will be evicted and subject to additional cleaning expenses. Pets are not permitted on the beach. A non-refundable fee is required for pet stays and additional deposits may be required. Pet owners will be financially responsible for any damages and extra cleaning. Pets are only allowed with management approval for breed, age, and weight.
Diving or jumping into the pool or jacuzzi may result in head, neck, or spinal injuries. As the renter, you accept the risk of the pool and specifically agree that no minor will swim in the pool unaccompanied by an adult. Pool heat is offered for an additional fee seasonally between October and Early May, however, pools cannot be heated if the temperature is below fifty two (52) degrees or above eighty (80) degrees. The pool temperature will be set between eighty (80) and eighty five (85) degrees.Tampering with pool equipment may result in injury and/or a fine. All pool equipment must be operated by a licensed professional.
Trailers, RV’s, Motorcycles and Golf Carts
Trailers, motorcycles and RV’s are not permitted at most of our properties due to homeowner associations and limited parking.
Patent Pending Automated Online Booking System for Private Owners
Copyright © 2004-2020 by ivacationonline.com, LLC.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the ivacationonline.com LLCTerms & Conditions.