Terms and Conditions
Please print these Terms and Conditions for your records.
This rental agreement is between you (the “Guest”or “Tenant”) and Cottages Near the Sea, the rental management company that operates this unit.
Cottages Near the Sea
$49 nonrefundable damage deposit insurance is charged at reservation. It insures you for up to $3000 in damages. Please notify us immeditaely of any accidental damage. If you purchased the damage insurance through vrbo, the fee is $59 and you are covered for up to $1500 in damages.
A $300 payment is due upon booking. The remaining balance is due sixty (60) days prior to your arrival date. Remaining balances not received sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date will be considered a cancellation. (See Cancellation Policy). Rates are subject to change without notice.
Please notify us immediately if you notice any damage to the property upon check in to avoid liability.
If the cleaning company detects any evidence of smoking in the home, you will be charged $500.
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE CHECK- OUT PROCEDURES AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
The following provisions must be satisfied to avoid additional charges:
No items are removed from the home or are missing upon the inventory check. All towels, pillows and linens are to remain in the home.
All home and neighborhood rules are followed. All city and state laws are followed.
No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
All garbage, debris, and discards are placed in their proper containers and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned. Home is left in a neat condition.
Outdoor gas grill and/or charcoal-grill is clean upon departure and ashes disposed of safely.
Reservations are not cancelled (see Cancellation Policy below)
No pets unless approved by management.
Maximum occupancy is not exceeded.
We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age. No exceptions.
Please notify us as soon as possible if you need to cancel or change a reservation. If you choose to decline travel insurance, we will only refund your your rental payments if the property is rerented for the same time period, less $100 cancellation fee. We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance.
Check-In time is 4:00 pm CST. Please do not interrupt or delay the cleaning staff before your check in time if they are at the home. Restrooms are accessible at the pool and at the beach pavilion. Let us know immediately if the unit has not been properly cleaned.
Check-out time is at 10:00 am CST. A $100 per hour fine will be assessed for Guests remaining after 10:00 am CST on the day of Check-out.
No exceptions to maximum occupancy shall be permitted without prior owner approval and additional fees may apply. (see Falsified Reservations below)
PENALTY FOR VIOLATING MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY PROVISION: VIOLATION OF THE MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY PROVISION CAN RESULT IN SERIOUS HEALTH PROBLEMS DIRECTLY RELATED TO OVERUSE OF THE SEWER. THEREFORE, IN THE EVENT TENANT ALLOWS THE PREMISES TO BE OCCUPIED BY MORE THAN LIMIT, TENANT SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE TO PAY JSRE, CNTS THE SUM OF ONE HUNDRED ($100.00) DOLLARS PER PERSON IN EXCESS OF THE LIMIT PER DAY FOR EACH DAY THE TENANT ALLOWS THE PREMISES TO BE OCCUPIED BY MORE THAN LIMIT OF PERSONS.
No daily maid service is provided. Please see management for extra cleaning at an additional fee.
A one-time set-up of linens, bath towels, garbage liners, paper towels, bath soap and toilet paper is included. Guests will need to provide their own paper items and cleaning supplies. We do not permit towels or linens to be removed from the home at any time during your stay. Missing towels and/or linens will be charged to your credit card. Please bring your own beach towels.
Trip insurance is available for purchase on our website. Purchasing travel insurance is a cost effective way to insure the investment in your vacation. We recommend purchasing a trip insurance policy should an unforeseen incident occur that requires your trip to be delayed, disrupted or canceled. Many events can disrupt your travel plans, including events that can make the accommodations uninhabitable (fire, flood, wind, etc). These events include, but are not limited to, natural disasters (earthquake, hurricane, tropical storms, etc), travel problems (flight cancellations, etc), and medical/personal issues (illness, death in the family, jury duty, etc).
Severe Weather: Hurricane Policy and Tropical Storm
Travel insurance through Travel Guard may cover a traveler’s vacation investment if severe weather conditions directly affect their travel arrangements or accomodations. For example, if a traveler is forced to cancel a trip due to a hurricane, travel insurance with trip cancellation can provide a reimbursement for nonrefundable expenses, up to the limit of coverage purchased.
If severe weather forces the evacuation of the traveler’s unit, the travel insurance may provide reimbursement for nonrefundable expenses, and additional travel expenses. For losses to be covered, travel insurance must be purchased before a hurricane is forecasted or predicted. Once a storm is named, losses resulting from a hurricane that has been forecasted or predicted on or before the effective date of coverage are excluded. All claims will be evaluated on their own merits at the time of adjudication.
Published rates are subject to change without notice.
All rates are subject to an 11.5% Florida tax and cleaning/administrative fee.
Other Terms and Conditions
1) Falsified Reservations - Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of rental money and the party will not be permitted to check-in or the party will be evicted with loss of all funds. Guests will observe all terms and conditions of this lease as to maintaining the premises in good order and appearance and will conduct themselves in a manner inoffensive to neighbors.
2) Guests agree to abide by all neighborhood and homeowners association rules and regulations. SEE NEIGHBORHOOD RULES. Guests agree to abide by all city and state laws.
3) JSRE, CNTS reserves the exclusive right to prohibit and/or cancel reservations providing all payments received are returned to guest within 7 days of notification.
4) Owner, Crystal Shores HOA, JSRE, CNTS and the on-site Property Management Company will NOT be liable for lost or stolen items of any kind and guests will take measures to safeguard all valuables and personal items.
5) All persons using the pool area to do so at their own risk and sole responsibility. CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED BY AN ADULT AT ALL TIMES WHILE IN THE POOL AREA. JSRE, CNTS & Owners assume no responsibility for any accident or injury in connection with such use. Persons using the pool agree with JSRE, CNTS & Owners, for and in consideration of the use of the pool, to make no claim against the owners, for or on account of any loss of life, personal injury, or damage to or loss of personal property.
6) Any use of this property other than standard lodging use must be authorized by JSRE, CNTS(I.e. parties, receptions)
7) Written Exceptions - Any exceptions to the policies contained within this agreement must be approved in writing in advance.
8) Tenant agrees to indemnify and save JSRE, CNTS harmless from all liability, loss or damage arising from any nuisance or harm made or suffered on the leased premises by the Tenant, or guests of Tenant or from any carelessness, neglect, or improper conduct of any persons entering, occupying or visiting the leased premises.
9) Applicable Law - This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida
We ask that you abide by our Check-Out Procedures so we can prepare the unit for the next guest as they arrive only hours after you leave. If you leave the unit in great shape, the next family can have access to the unit on time. We appreciate your cooperation in following these procedures.
There is a $50.00 fee per incident or per hour, which ever applies, which will be charged to your credit card if these procedures are not adhered to.
1. Check-out time is by 10:00 am CST. Our cleaners arrive at 10:00 am to start cleaning the unit.
2. Place all trash in plastic trash bags in outside receptacle by 10:00am on Saturday.
3. Gather all soiled linens and place in the laundry room (sheets and pillow cases only). Please start a load.
4. Place dirty dishes in dishwasher and leave it running. No dirty dishes to be left in the sink.
5. All Indoor furniture is in original position.
6. Outdoor furniture is in original position.
7. Lock all doors behind you.
8. Clean outdoor grill if used. You will be charged $50 if grill is not cleaned
Please leave the home neat and orderly to avoid additional charges.