“Las Olas Villa - Casa Del Mar Lote 6”
Terms & Conditions
Please print these Terms and Conditions for your records.
The property will be ready for occupancy at 4:00 PM CST on the beginning date of the lease and must be vacated by 10:00 AM CST on the ending date of the lease. This rental property is available for daily rental with a 3 day minimum stay. During high season, some units may not be ready by 4 PM. There may be longer stay requirements during the peak season.
This lease is between the LESSEE or Guest and MEGO International LTD or LESSOR. MEGO International LTD is the owner entity that operates this unit. GODAR RENTALS LLC is the American Management Company that will process the credit cards payments for MEGO International LTD. GODAR RENTALS LLC will appear on your credit card statement for this transaction.
Street address for this property is: Las Olas Villa 6, Las Olas Resort, Don Antonio Anguizola, Playa La Barqueta, Guarumal, Distrito De Alanje, Chiriqui, PANAMA
This villa is located at Las Olas Resort location of Playa La Barqueta. This is a non-smoking villa. Pets are allowed.
Check-in Time: This unit will be ready for occupancy at 4:00 PM CST. Occasionally the cleaning staff may need additional time in order to ready the home for your stay. We ask for your patience and suggest you have alternate plans available in the event additional time is needed. Please do not interrupt or delay the cleaning staff if they are at the house. Let us know immediately if the unit has not been properly cleaned.
Check-out Time: Check-out time is at or before 10:00 AM CST. A $50 per hour fine will be assessed for guests remaining after 10:00 am CST on the day of check-out unless a late check-out has been approved in writing in advance. Late check-out is not available for Saturday-Saturday stays in peak spring, holiday and summer seasons.
Security Deposit: In lieu of a security deposit we will hold your credit card on file. If there are damages to this unit during your stay, we will bill your credit card and send you an invoice. You agree to this by booking this unit. US Customers may contact owner regarding different payment terms. You are responsible for any and all damages that occur to the property or its contents by you or any other member of your group, individually or collectively, while you are the registered occupant of the property.
ACCIDENTAL RENTAL DAMAGE INSURANCE: An insurance policy is in place with this rental. Accidental Rental Damage Insurance through Travel Guard is added to this booking. The fee is $45. This provides $1,500 in Accidental Damage coverage to this property. Please see the policy details that are emailed to you or on the booking page. You will be charged on your credit card for any damages that are over $1,500 or that do not fall into this policy coverage. Per the damages policy in this document. This policy does not cover intentional damage or misuse.
CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION: I understand and consent to the use of the credit card provided without original signature on the charge slip, I understand that by "clicking the check boxes on the terms and conditions page of the lease application “ that I have read the terms and conditions of this property, I am bound by this agreement and I have signed "electronically, and that this Credit Card Authorization cannot be revoked and will not terminate until 60 days after leased premises are vacated. Charges may include but are not limited to: unauthorized long distance telephone and TV charges; damages beyond normal wear and tear; unreturned keys, and parking violations.
LIVE IN PROPERTY MANAGER: Joshua is our live in property care taker. He has a room off the garage and you can lock the door to the garage during your stay for total privacy. He will clean the pool each morning, take care of the landscaping and see to your needs. He is available to stock the villa with groceries before you arrive. There is a fee of $50 for that service. He is also available to run to the store for you during your stay to re-stock your supplies, food, drinks etc. There is a $10 fee for each trip he makes. You can pay him directly for this service. Tipping is permitted. If you do not want him onsite during your stay, he can leave. Please let us know your desire. We will contact you before you leave to verify this.
DAILY MAID SERVICE: Monday - Friday there is a full time maid that is available to clean the villa. She does not have to clean on any given day based on your desire. She will enter the villa about 8:30 am and will clean and do laundry. You can communicate with Joshua, the care taker if you desire the daily maid to clean. The maid does not work on holidays.
ELECTRIC SERVICE: This villa is serviced by the local electric company. On occasion there are power bumps and we may lose power at times also. There is a commercial grade 40 KW generator that will start 3 seconds after a power lose. It will run until the power is restored. Johsua will ask that electric is conserved as much as possible if the generator is running. So any lights or appliances that are not needed at the moment will be turned off. This allows the generator to run longer and service the A/C and needed lighting etc.
WATER: This villa has it's own well for drinking water and irrigaiton. With the back up generator, you will not be without water. It is filtered to the villa. Water is not an issue at this location.
PANAMA LIFE! We want to disclose to you that you will be staying in a remote, beautiful part of Panama. This is direct Ocean front living with privacy. There are also little Panamanian friends that may be around the villa! There are toads or "SAPOS" that come out at night. You will see them around the sidewalks and streets. They are harmless, but they jump around when you walk by. ANTS. Please keep the kitchen as clean as possible. Wipe down the counter after any type of food preperation. DO NOT LEAVE FOOD OUT. You will see ants if you do. GECKOS. Small tiny lizards are native to Panama. They may be in the home on the ceiling. They are also harmless and they are in every building in Panama. We tell you this to educate you. If you see any of them, it is not a sign the property is not clean, they simply are there all the time. Seeing a bug, lizard, frog or other wild life in the area is not a reson for a refund.
Las Olas Resort Pass: $50. (Optional) Enjoy all that Las Olas Resort has to offer for one low price of $50. This entitles up to 6 people in your group to play unlimited tennis, swim in the Las Olas Pools, and use of the work out facility. This pass covers 6 people for a 7 day period. Please pay for the passes at the front desk at Las Olas Resort upon your arrival and you will receive wrist bands to wear during your stay! After playing tennis or swimming, don't forget to stop by the Las Olas Restaurant or Bar for your favorite meals and drinks.
(Food, drinks, and towel service not included in this offer. Check in at front desk required.)
Damages: Any damage noticed upon arrival should be reported to the on site property care taker and MEGO International LTD immediately. If damage is not reported, your credit card may be charged for the cost of the repair.
All general maintenance should also be reported so the house can be kept in good repair.
In order to prevent additional charges to your credit card on file, the following must occur:
a) No damage is done to the home or its contents, including linens.
b) No items are removed from the home or are missing upon the inventory check. This includes transferring items between units. All towels, pillows and linens must remain in the house.
c) All debris, garbage and discards are placed in outdoor trash garage. See Access instructions for details.
d) Soiled / dirty dishes are placed in the dishwasher, use DISHWASHER DETERGENT ONLY and start the dishwasher. Dishwasher detergent is not provided.
e) There is no sign of unauthorized pets.
f) House is left in neat condition
g) Occupancy is not exceeded
h) There is no evidence of smoking in the house, and cigarette butts are not left on the decks, porch or in the landscaping/gravel surrounding the comdo, etc.
Severe Weather/Trip Insurance:
We do not refund rents or deposits lost due to cancelled or shortened stays because of weather. Departures due to inclement weather do not warrant refund of rent or deposit.
We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance, however this is optional.
We do not offer any refunds for any storms of any category.
We highly recommend getting TRAVEL Insurance for your trip.
It is up to the Guest to purchase this coverage for your trip. Coverage is available for health and weather related problems. Please call the travel insurance companies directly or order online to purchase this in your name.
Trip Interruption and Trip Cancellation Insurance Coverage is available for weather-related problems and a host of other events but must be purchased before a storm is forecasted or predicted, or health issue occurs. We recommend you consult a site such as TRAVEL GUARD TRAVEL INSURANCE.
Please read this Cancellation or changes of reservations with advance payments policy. Cancellations that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the check in date will forfeit a minimum charge of $500.00. Cancellations that are made within sixty (60) days of the check in date forfeit the full payment. Any Changes that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the check-in date will not be penalized. Any Changes made within sixty (60) days of the check-in date that result in shortened stay, change of dates, change of location or unit, may result in loss of entire advance payment. Cancellations and early departures due to inclement weather do not warrant any refund of rent.
Pets: Small pets only. No cats. Dogs under 25 lbs only. Pet fee applys.
Parking: You may park up to 2 cars in our parking lot. Additional parking is available on the street in fornt of the villa. You may not park or store a boat or jet ski trailer in the parking lot. No RVs may be parked in the parking lot or hooked up to the villa for any reason. Do not park in the grass for any reason!
Age Requirements: We do not rent to vacationing students or singles under 21 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent. No chaperoned groups for spring break or graduation trips.
Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of persons permitted is limited to Eight (8) per unit. We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent. No chaperoned groups for spring break or graduation trips. VIOLATION OF THIS PROVISION SUBJECTS LESSEE TO SIGNIFICANT PENALTIES WHICH ARE NECESSARY TO PROTECT THE LESSOR AS THIS IS A SHORT TERM VACATION RENTAL. No exceptions shall be permitted without prior approval and additional fees may apply. Violation of maximum occupancy will result in immediate eviction with no refund of rent or damage deposit. In the event the LESSEE allows the premises to be occupied by more than 8 persons, the Lessee shall be responsible to pay the LESSOR the sum of one hundred dollars ($100) per person in excess of 8 persons per day for each day the LESSEE allows the premises to be occupied by more than 8 persons.
Cleaning: Daily maid service is provided if desired. A one-time set up of linens, bath towels, garbage liners, paper towels, bath soap and toilet paper is included. Vacuum cleaner, brooms, etc are in the home should you need them. Do not remove towels or linens from house.
We do supply beach towels. Laundry can be done by the staff and the care taker will instruct you on this. The dirty linens can be left in the garage for the staff to clean over night.
Trash: You are responsible for putting out trash in the Trash Unit, which is located in the garage.
Fireworks: The use of fireworks is prohibited on all of our vacation properties. Local City ordinances and fire code prohibit the use of fireworks on beaches, buildings, or grounds.
This is villa with a private pool. Pools, balconies and stairs present an inherent danger. You are accepting full responsibility for the safety of renting parties and all guests; and agreeing to supervise children to ensure their safety. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16 MUST BE SUPERVISED ALL THE TIME IN THE POOL AREA. MEGO International LTD assumes no responsibility for any accident or injury in connection with such use. Persons using the pool and pier agree with the Owners for and in consideration of the use of the pool and pier, to make no claim against the owners for or on account of any loss of life, personal injury, or damage to or loss of personal property.
WET TILE. Please be advised that there is tile throught the villa inside and out. When it is wet, it can be VERY slippery. Please be careful!
POOL RULES for the Las Olas Villa must be followed!
· Please do not take glass containers into the pool area for any reason. Broken glass in the pool will require the pool to be emptied and a $500 fee will be charged to yourt credit card to cover this cost and time. No exceptions.
· Please do not touch TIMERS, filters, heaters or pool mechanical devices, if you experience a problem please contact maintenance man or manager immediately
· Do not remove pool furniture from the pool area.
Other Terms and Conditions:
1) LESSEE assures LESSOR that the tenants will observe all terms and conditions of this lease as to maintaining the premises in good order and appearance and will conduct themselves in a manner inoffensive to neighbors or other guests.
2) Falsified Reservations – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of rental money and the part will not be permitted to check-in or the party will be evicted with loss of all funds.
3) LESSEE assures LESSOR that any tenant who violates any of the terms of this Lease shall be immediately denied occupancy and shall remedy any damages or other expenses, which are caused by the tenant and/or the tenant's guest(s). We reserve the right to provide an invoice and charge credit card on file for any such damages, and/or refuse rental or to discontinue occupancy if in our judgment your occupancy of the unit is detrimental to the property.
4) LESSEE and/or their guests shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or inconvenience neighbors, nor use the premises for any immoral or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law or ordnance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the premises.
5) LESSEE agrees that any tenant who is found using drugs or allows others to use drugs on the premises will be immediately denied continued occupancy at these premises.
6) LESSEE agrees that during the term of this lease and such further time as he/she occupies the premises, he/she will keep the leased premises clean and free of trash, garbage, and other waste; and all pipes, wires, glass, plumbing and other equipment and fixtures in the same condition as at the beginning of, or put in during the term of the lease, reasonable wear and tear and damage by unavoidable fire and casualty being the only exceptions.
7) LESSOR cannot guarantee air conditioners, televisions, appliances, etc. No refund or rate adjustment will be made for mechanical failures. In case of breakdown, LESSOR will strive to repair it as soon as possible after being notified by you of the problem. Report any problems to the property care taker.
8) LESSEE agrees that he/she shall not paint or make alterations to the property, including changing existing locks or adding new ones, without the LESSOR'S written consent.
9) LESSEE agrees to indemnify and save LESSOR harmless from all liability, loss or damage arising from any nuisance or harm made or suffered on the leased premises by the LESSEE, tenants, or guests or from any carelessness, neglect, or improper conduct of any persons entering, occupying or visiting the leased premises. You are assuming all risks and liabilities for any damage done to person or property, agents, employees, or visitors occasioned by the present or future condition of the premises, both latent and manifest. We will not be responsible for accidents or injuries to guests or loss of money or valuables of any kind.
10) Upon not less than 24 hours notice, LESSEE shall make the premises available to LESSOR (or his agent) for the purpose of inspection, repair, management or showing to prospective tenants/buyers. In an emergency, LESSOR (or his agent) may enter the premises at any time without securing prior permission from LESSEE.
11) LESSEE may not let, sublet or assign this lease for all or any part of the premises without prior consent of the LESSOR.
12) If LESSEE abandons or vacates the premises, LESSOR may at his option terminate this lease, enter the premises, and remove all property.
13) In the event that any action shall be commenced by either party arising out of, or concerning this lease or any right or obligation derived there from, the prevailing party shall be entitled to receive attorney's fees as fixed by the Court in addition to all relief at law or equity.
14) Either party may terminate this lease in the event of a violation of early provision of this lease by the other party in the manner and as provided by law.
15) LESSEE assumes full responsibility for fulfilling the terms of the lease, for the period stated and assures the LESSOR full recourse for the payment of any amount outstanding from the total amount due in accord with the terms as stated above including any outstanding or unpaid charges that are the responsibility of the LESSEE.
16) Any use of this property other than standard lodging use must be authorized by LESSOR. (i.e. parties, receptions).
17) Written Exceptions – Any exceptions to the policies contained within this agreement must be approved in writing in advance by LESSOR.
CHECK OUT PROCEDURES
Lost keys will result in $150 charge due to need to install a new lock set on the entry door.
We know you are on Vacation and we do appreciate your business. But we do have to ask that you abide by our Check Out Procedures. The main reason for this is so we can get the unit ready for the next guest. They arrive only hours after you leave. If you leave the unit in great shape, the next family can have access to the unit on time. We really appreciate you following these procedures.
Most of our guest follow all of these rules very nicely, but for the few that do not, this is notice that a $50.00 fee per incident or per hour which ever applies will be deducted from your credit card.
Check-out time is by 10:00 am local time. Our managers and cleaners arrive at 10:00 am to start cleaning the unit
Sweep floors. Vacuum and Broom Dustpan provided in utility room
Put ALL dishes in dishwasher, put in dishwasher detergent and turn on
Wipe down all kitchen counters
Wipe off stove and wipe put microwave
COMPLETELY empty the refrigerator
Leave beds unmade that have been used
Bring all used towels to the laundry room. We provide a washer and dryer and for your use. We do encourage you to do laundry during the week to keep up with the load of laundry
Make sure all indoor and outdoor furniture is in original position.
Do not leave sand or shells in/on furniture, tubs, sinks, etc
Check the house thoroughly for any personal belongings.
Please turn off all lights, ceiling fans and electronic devices.
Set thermostat to Settings 80*F for air conditioning Do not turn units off!
Always lock the entry door and the balcony door when you leave. Close and lock all windows
Take ALL of the trash in the unit, including the bathrooms and bedrooms.
Damages: You are responsible for any and all damages that occur to the property or it's contents by you or any other member of your group while you are the registered occupant of the property. In lieu of a security deposit, we will keep your credit card on file as a security deposit. If we discover that there has been damage to the property or it's contents while you are the occupant, we will capture an amount from your credit card to cover the estimated cost of repairs. The amount we capture will be an estimate and will probably be more than the actual cost of repairs. We will provide a statement of the damages and the cost of the repairs after they have been completed. If there is a refund due, it will be returned to the credit card after all repairs have been made. If the cleaning company detects any evidence of smoking in this home, you will be billed an additional $200 to deodorize the home.
Items recommended to bring by lessee and not provided by owner. Starter paper supplies are provided and included Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Small Bar Soap in each Bathroom
· Paper and Plastic Products
o Paper Towels
o Toilet Paper
o Garbage Bags
o Plastic Wrap
o Coffee Filters
· Soaps and Detergents
o Bath Soap
o Hand Soap
o Laundry Detergent
o Dishwasher Detergent
o Dish Soap
MEGO International LTD 888-264-8603