You need to agree to the Terms and Conditions when booking this cottage. Please feel free to ask questions. We thank you very much and wish you a most memorable vacation!
Conch Paradise LLC Rental TERMS and Conditions/Rental Contract
Conch Paradise, is located at 22846 Port Royal Ln, Cudjoe Key, FL 33042
- MINIMUM STAY- The minimum rental period is 28 days. This code from MONROE county is strictly enforced. No subleases are allowed. You are required to sign a contract for a minimum 28-day consecutive rental stay through the DocuSign system. This is both for your protection as well as ours. The fines that violate the minimum 28 consecutive day rental from Monroe County can potentially amount to 16, 000 dollars and neither the guests nor owners want to be put in that position. Guests are responsible to comply to the minimum 28 consecutive day rental condition. Please retain a copy for this agreement for your records.
- CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3 P.M. EST AND CHECK OUT IS 10 A.M. EST. NO Early Check-ins or late check-outs without prior permission.
- DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A damage/reservation deposit of $500 is required. This must be received within forty (40) prior to the reservation. The deposit automatically converts to a security/damage deposit upon arrival. Maintenance or any issues must be reported immediately to owners. Owners must be given a chance to rectify problems before complaints or requests for refund. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (14) days of departure. This includes damage to floors, tiles, carpet, etc. A detailed inventory list is also kept and checked between rentals.
- DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT – A damage/reservation deposit of $500 is required. This must be received within forty (40) prior to the reservation. The deposit automatically converts to a security/damage deposit upon arrival.
This Cottage is an owner operated business. We meticulously clean between guests to ensure a most pleasurable vacation experience. There is a leave as you found it policy except for Linens. We ask guests to care for our cottage as though it were their own. After your departure, if it takes more than 3 hours to clean, you will be charged an extra $45/hour for additional hours that will be taken out of your security deposit. The security deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (5) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
- No damage is done to cabin or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
- No linens are lost or damaged.
- Before final departure, we request that you put the towels in washer before you leave; we will dry them out. Do not leave dirty dishes in the sink. Please rinse dishes and run them through the dishwasher and put the dishes away. You do not need to make the beds or clean the linens. Ensure you leave keys in the lock box and that the cabin is left locked.
- If you have used the grill and stove, please ensure they are left reasonably clean
- The cottage is located where animals look for garbage, so garbage safety is important for upmost safety of the guests. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in refuse containers. No loose garbage please.
- CANCELLATION POLICY
Travelers who cancel at least 60 days before check-in will get back 100% of the amount they've paid. If they cancel between 30 and 60 days before check-in, they'll get back 50%. Otherwise,
they won't get a refund.
- Guests are required to inform owners immediately for any maintenance or issues. We as owners will do our best to take care of maintenance issues within a reasonable amount of time.
- No charges are incurred due to contraband or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
- No damage is done to cottage or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
- This cottage is located where animals may look for garbage, so garbage safety is upmost for the safety of the guests as well as the animals. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in refuse containers in garage.
- Garbage/Recycling - Monday and Thursdays are garbage day. Wednesday is recycling and yard refuse day. These items are picked up first thing in the morning, often at 8am. Please place garbage in black garbage bags and seal. Loose garbage will be fined. Guests are required to regularly put the garbage out on all these days to prevent pests and rot. Guests are required to bring garbage cans back in the garage after garbage/recycling/yard waste has been emptied. Garbage may be placed in the garbage black garbage bins. Recycling is in the marked recycling bin, large and blue in color. Please see waste management and Monroe County recycling rules. Any fines related to improper disposal of garbage/recycling/yard waste will be passed on to the guest.
- Soiled dishes must be cleaned and put away.
- All keys are left in the lock box and cottage is left locked upon departure.
- All charges accrued during the stay are paid in advance.
- No linens are lost or damaged or any other items in the cottage.
- NO Early check-in or late check out without prior permission.
- This is a NON-SMOKING and PET FREE Cottage. No smoking is allowed neither inside nor outside the cottage. If you are a smoker or would want to bring a PET please seek alternative accommodations. If you SMOKE, or bring a PET, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT and will be charged additional damage.
- MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: This cottage accommodates FOUR (4) guests. It is illegal to accommodate more than FOUR (4) guests. Renters are not allowed to exceed the number of guests as per Monroe County Rental Authority and if requested, guests are required to state the names of all guests that will occupy the rental during the rental period. Violation of this agreement will cause YOU to lose your entire security deposit as well as additional fines will be imposed. Failure to comply will cause us as business owners to lose our license to operate the business.
- PARKING – Parking is limited to TWO (2) vehicle and a one boat. The vehicle is to be parked in designated parking area only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
- PEST POLICY CONDITIONS – This cottage is in area where there is wildlife. There are lizards, iguanas, mice around the cottage. If the doors are left open, these animals may enter the cottage. No refunds will be given for animals entering the house. Guests are informed that there is a difference between this situation and pest infestation. There is no pest infestation at this cottage. Guests will be charged if doors are left open and these small animals enter the house.
- PAYMENT – An advance payment equal to approximately 50% of the rental rate is required upon making the reservation. The advance payment will be applied toward the room rent. Please make payments in the form of credit card, traveler's checks, bank money orders, cashier’s checks or personal checks payable to Janet Ali. The advance payment is not a damage deposit.
- CANCELLATIONS – Cancellation policy is the same as what was specified through your booking system at the time you booked the property. Please check, since this is long stay rental (28 days) and we need advance notice to rent in case you cancel. We expect that you read the policy on the booking system before you book.
- BOAT usages Launch and Swimming – Usage of Boats, Swimming are on the guests own risks. Children should be supervised always. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. We cannot guarantee tide levels or launch conditions. Boats up to 32 ft. and their dockage and launch is allowed.
- LARGE EVENTS. We do not allow large events or parties at this cottage.
- GOOD NEIGHBOR POLICIES- Quiet time is after 9 pm EST. Please enjoy the property within the designated lot lines. Please do not trespass into the neighbor’s lot, or near their dock, boat or canal areas.
- INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup. Amenity fees are included in the rental rate
- NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the cottage, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring your own beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cottages.
- KITCHEN MAINTENANCE - the stove, oven, refrigerator and other provided amenities in the kitchen must be maintained and kept clean.
- FISH CLEANING- if you fish, and clean fish, the tables and the areas used need to be washed and cleaned with the hose, and fish waste sealed in garbage bags appropriately so as not to attract flies and pests.
- RATE CHANGES – Rates subject to change without notice. Agreed upon rates will not change.
- FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
- WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above-mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
- STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS – No refunds will be given for storms or road conditions. Guests are responsible for keeping updated on local weather forecasts. Hurricanes and floods are common in this area. Please refer to the website monroecountyem.com or contact FEMA and take responsibility for your own safety. Please locate the Monroe county emergency management website and on the left-hand column where it says, "notify me", to sign up for severe weather and flood updates. The owners are not responsible for providing emergency weather updates or evacuation information and procedures.
- This cottage is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
- USE OF OWNER’S CANOE at the premises: You can use the canoe (and engage in its “activity”) at the premise at your own risk. If you do so you are signing this waiver:
In consideration of being permitted to participate in the use of the canoe and its activity, you hereby release, discharge and agree to hold Conch Paradise LLC’s trustees, officers, faculty members, employees, agents, advisors or any one or more of them, or their executors, administrators, heirs or assigns (the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions and causes of action, present or future, on account of injuries to my person or property caused in whole or in part by the active or passive negligence of the Released Parties, arising out of or in connection with my participation. I intend for this release and indemnity agreement to protect the Released Parties from any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions and causes of action, present or future, of my executors, personal representatives, heirs and assigns, or any other person or entity, on account of injuries to my person or property, including injuries resulting in my death. I also recognize and agree that the Released Parties assume no responsibility for any liability, damage, or injury that I might sustain due to the intentional or negligent acts or omissions of any other person participating in the Activity.
- OUTDOOR SECURITY CAMERAS – There are no security cameras inside the cottage since we respect your privacy. However, there is a security camera at the door and one that monitors the canal and boat ramp area. Tampering or disabling the outdoor security cameras are not allowed. A fine in the amount of the cost of damage plus labor and time will be charged to the guest if this occurs. These cameras are used for general security and theft prevention.
- You are required by law to us know if you or family are having COVID symptoms.
2.Please use the dishwasher for washing all dishes as it disinfects better.
- Please use the provided scrubbing bubbles to clean all bathrooms, kitchen, countertops, other surfaces, door handles and light switches. It is an EPA approved COVID effective disinfectant.
- Dispose of all garbage properly and take out to street for early morning Monday, Thursday pick-up.
- Take recyclables to the street in a timely manner early each Wednesday morning.
- On final departure, set the A/C to 86 F, and open all windows to allow airing out. There is a 24-hr. air out rule before the next guest checks-in.
Have a pleasant and enjoyable vacation
Janet Newman Ali
24 wood sorrel
Littleton, CO 80127
Owner, Managing member of Conch Paradise LLC.